Work-Related Injuries

low back pain, surgery, work injury, L&I, industrial rehab, work conditioning, Seattle, Renton

What should you do when you get injured on the job?

If it is a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.  Otherwise, one of the first steps you must take when you hurt yourself while on the job is to report the incident to your immediate supervisor. You will be directed to follow up with a Labor and Industrial Provider who help you open up a claim.   

Can I still work and rehab?

For most conditions, you can return to work under certain modifications that our therapists will recommend.  Our therapists' ability to provide mobile PT service means rehab appointments have never been more tailored and convenient.  Our hours are flexible too so it becomes easy for our patients to not miss either work hours or meet their rehabilitation needs. In the rare chance your injury condition requires surgery, you will likely be off of work until you complete a certain level of rehabilitation skills to be deemed safe to return to some form of work capacity.  

Am I able to use my private health insurance for an injury sustained on the job?

If you are injured on the job, it is important you go through Labor and Industries (L&I) and open a claim.  L&I is the primary insurance and your private health insurance is used as a secondary in the event L&I denies any part of  your treatment.